Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer project- Scrapbooking.






Scrapbook Cover made with bits


This Summer on 22nd May we headed for New Orleans for a two days short trip. Though the trip was bit tiring but we both,me and husband ,really enjoyed it.
New Orleans has lots of diversity in its food,culture,tradition and a enriched history to tell.
It has lot to offer apart from "Mardi Gras" for which it is mainly known to the tourists.I wanted to preserve these awesome memories of the New Orleans trip,so I tried my hands on Scrap-booking!

Handmade tags
Some tour brochure attached


Cutout from New Orleans travel guide book

Lets get started-
When I started making the scrapbook I didn't had any proper scrapbook album as such,so I began with a file folder.
While I completed decorating my file cover,I got blessed with two 12 by 12 inch scrapbook album(attended a church garage sale in my neighborhood and got 2 unused,new albums for$5). But I continued with my file folder,I bought some die cuts from ebay which were pretty cheap.
I bought bunch of card stock sheets from Big Lots maybe for $5.
Lastly I made some journaling tags because I like to write few lines here and there along with the photos.
And yes we had saved our streetcar Jazzy pass and museum tickets as well some city maps(believe me they are the best souvenirs). The page layouts are very simple so that the emphasis can be laid on the photos and their description.I don't want to get lost in the fuzzy,fancy layouts.


Jazzy Streetcar Pass
It came out good and I am happy with my first scrapbook. 

Please leave comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment